Monday, February 8, 2010

Playa Hater

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/aK8TFoMkY0A/0.jpg
So, without sounding like a jerk – I don't understand being a player. I mean, I understand when people need to not have strings attached, or when they want to go into something without projections of it having to be everything. Sure, that I understand. But...

A friend of a friend recently got dumped. From what I understand, the dumper sort of gave the dumpee's friends a heads up that he needed to get his shit together, or it wasn't going to work out. This after she (the dumper) repeatedly tried to talk some sense into him (the dumpee). With no avail, she needed to move forward, and cut the cord.

As I mentioned, these are not immediate friends of mine, so it was a relationship I knew nothing about directly. And without placing judgment, I simply don't understand. The guy who was dumped is already out scouting new prospects, while simultaneously rambling endlessly about his recent ex. I just don't get it. I'm in my mid 30's (turning 35 at the end of this year ~ holy fucking shit!!!), and maybe I'm too sentimental, but I can't imagine ending a super long term live in relationship, and even joking about going out to hook up with other chicks. (And yes, in my youth, I was not so great with fidelity, but now that I'm 'over the hill,' it just seems so exhausting.

Maybe this is why I'm taking a hiatus from dating. Is there like a pill form of 'No Doze' specifically for relationships? I think that's what I need now. I'm not a playa, I just crush a lot. (But maybe not as much as my heartbroken counterparts.)

No comments:

Post a Comment