Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snoverkill!


















(This is a pic from the last snow storm we had, where people were leaving items in the street to save the parking spots they had just dug out. This was my favorite!)

Okay, I'm getting a little tired of being tired. This never ending snow storm is starting to exhaust me. Several days ago we got about 2' of snow – this after getting about 8" of snow the week before that, and apparently chewed through $2.4 million of DC's $2.6 million snow removal budget. So, the snow we got several days ago still remains packed on our streets, now the foundation of last night's additional 10" of snow. It's still going. Ugh! I have lost a few thousand dollars of missed income, since my business is somewhat dependent on weather, like when the government shuts down, and all of our clients are told not to leave their house. Umm...

Not only that, but I just purchased a Macbook Pro, and it's stuck in a FedEx truck circling the metro area, unable to deliver since the roads are so bad. AHHHHH! Kill me now! Why is this city so incompetent? I grew up in New England, even spent 7 years on and off in Vermont, where it snows like 9 months out of the year, and only once did I miss school/work because of the weather. (In my defense, I was driving my then girlfriend's rear wheel drive Ford Explorer, sans 4 wheel drive, and went careening into a ditch on campus when I hit a patch of ice. Awesome!)

AND, the ceiling in my bedroom is leaking in two places, (still – after recently being patched and sealed twice). I've been watching the news reports of all of these roofs collapsing around the Mid-Atlantic region. So, scary! (As I wrote that, my landlord called to check in about the leaks. Wow, impeccable timing!)

I've been trying to stay productive and positive. Trying to keep busy, writing like crazy, watching a ton of good films, a few books I am hoping to crack today, finish my taxes once and for all, and work out ~ which is long overdue. But first, I am going to go make some corn muffins, as I am running out of food in my house, and it's seriously a "white out" outside! Yikes!

Hoping this finds you well, safe, warm and dry! From the front lines of fighting cabin fever ~ Will (-work for food...)

No comments:

Post a Comment