Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Charts and Graphs

The image “http://wpcontent.answers.com/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fd/Hormons_feedback_-_Sprz%C4%99%C5%BCenie_zwrotne_hormonow.svg/300px-Hormons_feedback_-_Sprz%C4%99%C5%BCenie_zwrotne_hormonow.svg.png” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
So, I was thinking more about all of this talk about hormones and such. Pre-pubescent boys are known for their puppy love tactics in the realm of crush-ville, and middle aged men seek out companionship when their sex drive wanes, and their wives no longer wow them. (Is any of that even true?) I'm smack dab in the middle, with this self-induced second puberty. This time around I'm flooding my system with testosterone, and opening those floodgates to all that comes with it. Increased muscle mass, dermatological break outs, thinning hair on my scalp, while the hair on the rest of my body becomes thicker and more course, increased libido, to name a few of the symptoms...

I can't help but wish that I knew more about the specifics of this bio-chemical equation, and the related structures of the brain. There is a doctor that takes scans of the brain for every possible neurological problem out there, and found obvious patterns emerging from over- or under-active centers of these focal points within the brain. I wish I had gotten some scans of my own little cranium to better understand how these other ingredients have tweaked my chemical levels before I began my testosterone injections. Things like dopamine, adrenaline, cortisol, etc. I dunno.

My brain being the way it is – trying heed the lessons to be learned by observing men outside the pubescent phase. How do adolescent boys approach love and dating? And how do middle aged men negotiate romance, when it's not so fixated on lust or carnal desires? Maybe that's where I need to start.

Can anyone explain this stinking diagram for me then?


No comments:

Post a Comment