Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanks-taking

The image “http://babble.com/CS/blogs/strollerderby/2007/11/16-22/thanksgiving_turkey_2.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
(How amazing is this image? Man alive, it's like a Christmas miracle, but at Thanksgiving, and not really Godly. But otherwise...)

Today is Thanksgiving, (and also my friend Jason's birthday). There is so much talk giving thanks for all of the wonderful things in our lives, but to me, it seems more like 'thanks-taking.'
Taking in all of the gratitude we show this one day out of the year. (Really, just one stinkin' day? Yes... Just one little day.)

If you are reading this blog, then I probably know you in some capacity. I want to thank you for taking the time to see what stoopid antics I'm chattering about now. It means a lot to see how many people have stopped in since I started this project in mid-September. I have gotten so much feedback, and so many offline comments of reaction to what certain entries made the readership think. Writing in this sphere is a very strange endeavor, as I don't totally have a clue to who may see what I am putting out there in the world. I am writing for the sake of writing, which can sometimes be insanely self-indulgent, and at worst, just plain drivel. Thanks for sticking with me, and for those of you who have shared your thoughts with me. It's nice to know that there are folks out there, still dropping by.

So, in the spirit of this holiday, I will spew my own list of gratitude:

I am thankful for the opportunity to live this life as honestly, genuinely, and openly as I can. I am so ridiculously grateful that I have the chance to explore all of my crazy ideas, be it transitioning, writing this silly blog, walking a million dogs, or crushing out on some cute girl ~ it's been a great life!

Thank you to all of my friends and family that have stuck by in the dark corners when things got rough, and most of all ~ thanks for sticking by me in all the ways you do, as we create the fun times together.

This has been the best year of my life yet, and I am the happiest I've ever been. I am looking forward to whatever antics we will get into in this near future.

Many thanks, and have the happiest of Thanksgivings! (And remember to "dress" yer bird like this next year!!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment