Thursday, November 12, 2009

Hiatus Hernia

http://img2.allposters.com/images/GDF/LP927H.jpg
(I tried to find funny hernia picks, and pretty much threw up in my mouth a little. Don't ever do a Google image search for hernias. Woooof! Gross stuff. Opted for this image instead to do a pictorial representation of my hiatus from writing. Egh?)

I'm trying to figure out where to begin today. I've sort of accidentally taken a hiatus from writing in general, but more specifically from The Art of Manliness "30 Days to a Better Man" Series – which is okay by me. Things haven't gotten that much easier since my boss has arrived back from his mid life vacrisis (half vacation, half crisis ~ to clarify! It wasn't some new insider lingo for "vajayjay," like Oprah says...) I'm simply exhausted. The weather undulating from 75º and glaringly sunny two days ago, to 43º with 50 mph winds, and driving rain today knocked me on my ass. (Luckily my ass is pretty padded, so I faired well.) But one client's dog smashed me in the face, and I feared it broke my nose, while another dog turned quickly, and headed butted my left quad muscle. Yep, one of those days.

Everything is fine, but I just feel a bit 'wonky,' like my body is about to crash, and give way to some impending cold its been staving off. We'll see. In the meantime, I just want to rest and relax, and maybe throw some ideas out there.

First of all: Can you believe that I have had over 1,000 hits to this blog of mine since I set it up two months ago? I feel like Sally Field accepting her Oscar. ("They like me, they really, really like me!") Er, sumpthin' like that.

Second of all: The more dates that I go on, the less that I actually talk about them. It hasn't been a conscious choice, per se ~ but I fear that things I write might be misconstrued, and so I have been more mindful of what approach I should be taking. Yet, I haven't employed said new approach. Obviously!

Third of all: I am finding that if I don't come out and blatantly state that I am trans within moments of meeting someone, I then let it slide, and never know when the *right* time is for such disclosure. (I had a friend who was divorced and had two kids, and her impromptu rule was if someone said six sentences to her, she had to fess up about her family.) Do I need something of that sort now? If so, what would it be?

Fourth: HOW do I tell someone I am trans? I am sort of known for being the funny one at a party, and I am trying to deduce what sly way I can slide that bit of info into casual conversation without putting anyone on the spot or under a microscope. I think the sooner the better, and the funny and more charming versions would probably have a better outcome. No? But what does *that* actually look like? What do I say in there?

Fifth: I had an interesting realization the other day – I can count on one hand the amount of people that I have kissed that I haven't gone on to date. I have only had one - one night stand ever, and only hooked up with a couple of people that I never had any true interest in dating. The rest were all people that I *really* hoped could be someone for the long haul. Yes, evidently I am a sappy romantic, who doesn't know how to just casually date for funzies... I don't think there is anything wrong with that, but I see that it's what I am trying to do now, and it is still a bit foreign to me. Anyone have any incredible insight that they'd like to send my way? Apparently all of the testosterone in the world doesn't make me any less of a sap, despite what I projected.

Sixth: I should really go to work now. I started this entry yesterday, and then cut it in half to work on another part as a separate post. Soon I will get back into the routine of writing everyday again. I swear.

Until then – anyone wanna teach me how to be a playa? Jk~







No comments:

Post a Comment