Friday, November 27, 2009

Sorta Funny People

http://www.collider.com/uploads/imageGallery/Funny_People/funny_people_movie_image_leslie_mann__adam_sandler__seth_rogen_and_eric_bana.jpg
Did you happen to see that movie Funny People? I caught it last night over at my friends' place after Thanksgiving dinner. I knew that it dealt with Adam Sandler's character being diagnosed with cancer, and that he worked as a comedian. Knowing only those two details left me in the dark about whether it was going to be funny, or a complete bummer. Needless to say, it wasn't that funny, but it kind of struck an unexpected chord with me.

The short of it is: Adam Sandler's character was told that he is dying, and he tries to reconnect with the love of his life, who's since moved on... She had gotten married and had two kids with her husband, played by Eric Bana.

I didn't really care about any of the plot lines, but I started to think. Am I gonna be that guy? Am I going to hit my 40s, and be filled with regret? Will I resent the fact that I didn't properly fight for the one who had my heart?

For a movie that didn't really have much to say, it sure made me think. God, I don't want to be that guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment