Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Commiserate

One of my closest friends from high school is delving into the world of dating again. It's been perfecting timing, as we both email each other long tirades about the road blocks we've hit, and respond with an enthusiastic pep talk. Friends are amazing. Synchronicity is a gift.

It helps to remember that we all have our Achilles' heels, and places of great tenderness that we wish to protect at all costs. I know I'm not alone in this boat, even if sometimes let myself wallow too much in fears and self pity that this life will be too challenging, or alienating.

Love is a treacherous thing sometimes, and can reduce us all to the lowest common denominator of our least favorite self-declarations. Bummer.

While other times, it is the most intoxicating lure that is purely irresistible. How do I get back there? How many pep talks do we need until they stick, and love finds us?

Until then, I'll stick with my commiserating, and appreciation for friends in the trenches...

No comments:

Post a Comment