Sunday, September 13, 2009

The *Everyman*



It's been interesting to hear that folks have been able to identify with some of what I've been discussing on this blog. Even though I'm trans, and many of my friends are not, they were still able to find sentiments that resonated with them, or traction within my thoughts. It's comforting to me, and well, maybe for them, too.

So many people have remarked how courageous I am to put so much out there in this format, but I really can't imagine it any other way. If I only talked about the 'easy' stuff, then no one would give a shit, and we'd all be back to searching the internet for some other sparkling attraction of the moment. I decided that if I was going to do this, that I had to do it right, and reveal even the less glamorous side (just kidding) of being trans, and all that may come with that in my life. I don't want to ever portray that I am speaking for all transgender people, all transguys, or all people who identify as queer. But it's funny that as much as I make those disclaimers that this is only *my* story, all of these people have jumped in to tell me how it is so close to their stories, too. Huh, go figure...

In my life where I've often felt like the 'only one,' it appears that I may have inadvertently become the *everyman.* Oh, the irony...


No comments:

Post a Comment