Thursday, September 17, 2009

SWM


I'm in the process of finding a new house mate, and it's a kind of funny endeavor. Putting ads online to try to attract worthy candidates... Hoping that I can say just enough to draw the right demographic without sounding self-aggrandizing or just down right lame. What things do I include, and which details do I gloss over? It's a bit like online dating – or so I would imagine, having not tried that method yet myself.

It's somewhat intense being trans, and wondering how I will appear to these strangers entering my house for an interview. In the ad I said we were looking for someone who is GLBTQI friendly, but without directly outing myself as a transguy. The whole process is exhausting enough on any level, but to then add feeling vulnerable because of my trans status, wondering if I will be outed, and if they'd even care – I just want to fast forward to the conclusion already.

This is why I haven't set up an online dating profile – how the fuck do I even begin to explain? Arg... And away we go ~

No comments:

Post a Comment