Thursday, September 17, 2009

"Penguin Love Bubble"

"You know what I realized? We're just animals. We don't know anything about love... He might not be my gay penguin, but he might be yours." – Leslie Knope

http://www.daemonstv.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/NUP_136153_0133.jpg

Man, it's like Leslie Knope/Amy Poehler read my mind. (Or my Facebook note about love. Or this here blog... Well.)

I've already gotten some amazing responses to my questions about love and relationships. It's been kind of incredible reading about the connections people have, and what makes them feel so unique. As universal as love is, (or at least appears to be), it's internalized in such a personal and profound way that can still escape cliches and rhetorical pandering. I am in awe.

Reading these amorous narratives was like being on the front lines of love itself. I could *feel* each author's conviction and regard for their partners and loved ones. Each story was different, of how these pairs met, and how they knew they had found something truly reverent, but each possessed consist threads... (I'll write more about these later, but want to read more before I summarize.)

Hearing so many friends' accounts helped me reflect on my own experiences and beliefs. I think I've always been one of those people 'in love with love,' even when I'm single. With so many excerpts to explore from friends and loved ones, I couldn't help but fall a little more in love with love. I know, that's the gayest thing I've ever said. Maybe I'm just looking for my gay penguin, after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment