Sunday, September 20, 2009

Mixed Media

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_DiFdg_LMhh0/R-VJMQ3mo1I/AAAAAAAANMg/3Um8nkDlRZk/s400/Chaise%2BC.%2B%40%2BWilliams%2BModel%2BManagement%2B(3).jpg

Several friends have been chatting with me about the contents of this blog. It's been fascinating hearing people's reflections, and seeing what resonates with some of the readership. I hung out with a few friends yesterday, where we caught up and dissected some of the theories of approach, and reproach surrounding heterosexual dating. It was a hoot, as we referenced homo-eroticism of contemporary men's magazines juxtaposed against their 'how to' guides for straight men. Kind of fun to explore these conflicting themes.

No wonder why there is such sexual confusion and a greater divide between the sexes – all of these mixed messages and blurred lines of attraction in main stream advertising. Do I want to be that sexy, half naked man, or be with him? I feel funny... (Just kidding, for me – it's both, so it makes it easier to deduce.)

The emergence of metrosexuals years back, the clear product of this kind of cross-pollenation, lost in this muddled, messy world. Women couldn't decide if it was a change for the better, or not. Sure, a bit more 'manscaping' and we all benefit, but what about everything else?

I guess I should thank my lucky stars that these confusing blurs have been added to the mix, so that maybe I won't seem like such an anomoly. Metro, hetero, homo, bi, queer, trans – I'm in there somewhere. But then again, aren't we all?

No comments:

Post a Comment